Bad programmers ignore details. Bad designers get lost in details (Nate Kirby)
I believe the modern “big data” world is moving in the direction of faster and more visual interaction with data. A good chart tool must be designed for more than just visualization – it should be designed for communicating information.
But how do we achieve this?
New stable Taucharts release 0.9.1 includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Fix JS error when print or export Area-type chart
- Order area chart by average
- Throw exception on attempt to stack by time scale
- Chart looks ugly when the only time record in dataset – wrap value with one day range for time scale (when nice = true)
- Fix invalid size scale for faceted chart
- Linear chart fails to be generated when size coding is set
- Lines are out of chart area when linear type & size coding are selected
Also in order to improve stability and quality of Taucharts releases we introduced BETA release channel.
You can access latest beta build using NPM as:
npm install taucharts@beta
Latest beta build using package.json:
A fixed beta version using package.json:
Minard’s “Figurative map of the successive losses of men in the French army during the Russian campaign, 1812-1813” is one of the most famous statistical graphics in the world.
“The numbers of men present are represented by the widths of the colored zones in a rate of one millimeter for ten thousand men; these are also written beside the zones. Red designates men moving into Russia, black those on retreat. “
New stable Taucharts release 0.9.0 is dedicated to size scale improvements.
First of all we fixed inconsistent behavior of size legend used with bar chart.
New features in this release:
- Limit maximal bar’s width to avoid too wide bars and ugly size legend
- Allow to customize size scale via guide minSize / maxSize parameters (documentation)
- Allow to use “size” visual encoding for variable line width (documentation)
- Allow to use “split” parameter to split lines by 2 variables: split (and / or) color (documentation)
Taucharts release 0.8.3 is out.
- Allow to pass min / max parameters to color domain (guide.color.min / guide.color.max)
- Allow to hide axis label by setting [guide.x.labe.hide] to true
- Separate scroll bars for chart and right plugin panel
There is a new cool feature in 0.8.2 release. From now the library allows you to:
- define color scale brewer with RGB color codes directly
- use gradient color coding for numeric variables
See the color scale documentation for a details.
- Allow to define order for a bar charts (#105)
- Make time scale nice (#145 / documentation)
- Allow to specify label for any field in tooltip (documentation)
- Remove shades for bars in Safari
NOTE: the “autoScale” property is deprecated from 0.8.1 release. Use “nice” property instead. See documentation for details.
The chart space usage in taucharts 0.8.0 became more efficient.
- Default tick paddings for ordinal scale are decreased to make a chart more compact.
- Layout calculation algorithm is fixed to save more space (especially for facet charts).
Still there are an options to customize the paddings. See documentation.
Vizydrop is a data visualization platform. We created Vizydrop with a goal of building a simple and natural data visualization tool. Vizydrop aggregates data from various software apps into a single dashboard, automatically builds visualizations for you and helps to create custom charts.
Vizydrop helps to get insights from the very first step. The application provides an easy to use interface to extract your data from applications that you are using or from storage where your data is located. Custom data source connectors can be added using any programming language with a simple API. We keep your data up to date with automatic updates.